Downtown 322 North Cleveland Street, Oceanside CA 92054  / © 2011 APOTHEQUE LIFESTYLE SPA

760.967.7727
BOOK ONLINE Mindful Practices, Authentique Results.
Experience the Lifestyle!
SHOP ONLINE CLASS SIGN UP JOIN OUR MAILING LIST gift cards
About our historical building located in downtown Oceanside.
History

1889 - Mr. Bunker was unable to repay his debt on the property, and it went back to Mrs. Couts, his financier. (Sounds a lot like today!!)


During her ownership the property was utilized as a boarding house for railroad workers.


1904 - Mr. Rieke bought the property and added on the back portion of the house. The Riekes became well known builders in Oceanside.


1923 - H.J. Crawford bought the building.


1945 - It was sold in to George Haddox.


1947 - Mr. Haddox sold it to Ralph and Ella Rogers. This lovely couple operated the Rogers Music Co., leasing jukeboxes to local bars throughout the county. They leased the upstairs to boarders. After his retirement from the music business Mr. Rogers named the building the Travelers Hotel.


1970′s - In later years the building fell into disrepair and was associated with prostitution activities in Oceanside.


1977 - The building was abandoned after Rogers passed away.


1983 - Rosaline acquires the building and attempts to establish a restaurant, but challenges with the city led her to drop this idea.


1987-1991 - The City of Oceanside uses the building for offices.


2010 - Apotheque Lifestyle Spa revitalizes the building at 322 N. Cleveland Street bringing new life, positive energy, and wellness to the community of Oceanside.


Visit our Historical Building
located in downtown Oceanside…

The Apotheque Lifestyle Spa is located in the earliest remaining brick commercial / residential structure erected in the boom of the 1880s in Oceanside.


Building Timeline:


1886 - The building was built by Theodore Bunker. The first floor was intended for store usage and the upstairs was planned for a hall.


Later that same year, the San Diego Union reported that the $3000 building “will be an ornament to the town,” and it was utilized for a Town meeting hall.